Wednesday 23 October 2013

The old cow on it last legs


The cow had stopped giving milk, just as jack mother had feared, so she sat their in the yard thinking mmm…
what shall I do with this old cow….
I know what I’ll tell jack to sell it at the market, who ever buys, won’t even doubt they’re getting an old cow.

She yelled for  him
Ma was is it? Was in middle of playing hopscotch
We need to sell that cow
why ma ?
don’t question me,
just do as your told,  here take her lead
Off you go with cow, and we can have some things for tea.

Jack came across  man a with flute on the way, who commented
“Wow what a cow … you have their.”
Yes ma told me to sell her, we have to get money for food, so ma says,
At this the flute man paused, pondered
So young lad you wouldn’t mind exchanging these for beans  their 'stalker beans' u know what are stalker beans they’re made of magic.

And that how jack told ma, was how he, sold the cow
 Ma listened to his big sell… so you’re telling me that’s how you sold it …I still have your dad’s favourite black belt, 
you remember it 
Ma paused for effect.
Don’t u? 
at this jack turned blue green

Am counting to ten 1.… 2.…3.…. 4
Jack confessed that on his way to the market, he  had got distracted and had left the cow for few minutes
 ma raised an eyebrow, 
O.K. half hour when I got back the old cow was gone  
and the beans? ma queried,  
Jack dashed for the stairs before Ma could take step towards the black belt,
 "I got it from the old batty woman garden" 

Jack went sleep without tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment